Come and join us in this boutique 10-day Nordic Walking tour to Patrick’s spectacular homeland in the heart of Europe’s alpine region.
Together over 10 days we will explore and experience the local Grosses Walsertal valley region in western Austria - not only taking in its majestic mountains, serene spring lake, flower-filled meadows, traditional culture and breathtaking scenery but also experiencing its unique balance of man living in harmony with nature (as recognised by UNESCO’s classification as a model ‘Biosphere Reserve’).
THE AUSTRIAN ALPS 'CLASSIC' WALKING TOUR
This tour is for first time guests. It is designed to introduce you to the beauty, life and people of the Grosses Walsertal valley and the Austrian Alps.
Faschina Hotel is the pinnacle of accommodation in the valley and the Tour's new 'home'. The hotel, its staff, food and wellness facilities will keep you smiling and never wanting to leave.
- Experience the stunning landscapes, abundant nature and feelings of vitality that the Alps exude
- Access an alpine community and traditional culture that is off the main 'tourist trail'
- Enjoy guided daily Nordic Walks in a diverse range of alpine landscapes
- Live in a UNESCO Biosphere where man lives in sustainable harmony with nature
- Visit neighbouring countries: Germany and the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Indulge in 4 star service and the friendly hospitality of the Sperger family in your tour home of ‘Alpenresort Walsertal’
- Satisfy your appetite with delicious daily buffet breakfasts and 4-course dinners
- Sit back and take in the views as you are chauffeured in style between walks and destinations
- Enjoy the organised activities and extra outings which are included in the full day programs
- Relax completely - knowing that you have local hosts who are there every step of the way to ensure you have a wonderful and carefree holiday!
WHAT PREVIOUS GUESTS SAY...
"You can take pictures and try to describe the experience to others but really, you have to see and do it yourself to truly appreciate how wonderful it is." Naida G., Melbourne
"What I enjoyed most was coming to a part of the world which is peaceful; and where the people are concerned about their environment as well as the preservation of their culture." Lorraine F., Wellington (NZ)
"What makes this tour quite unique is that Patrick and Maree are such friendly hosts who enthusiastically welcome you into their lives and local community." Janet M., Canberra
"The scenery was easily the best that I've seen in my life. The trip was a great balance between fitness, sightseeing, adventure and relaxation." Christopher V., Melbourne
"Patrick and Maree, you went the extra mile in so many ways on our Nordic Walking adventure with you. A humble and grateful thank you!" Yvonne R., Sydney
2017 DATES & PRICES - Bookings are now open!
Classic Tour: Friday 23 June - Sunday 2 July 2017
After 30 Nov '16
In 2017 we'll also run the 'Return to Eden' Tour as well as the brand new 'Return to Paradise' Tour - both tours are exclusively for returning guests.
Due to demand we also set aside a tour date in ealry July for group bookings (8 or 16).
THE FINER DETAILS DOWNLOAD information flyer
Tour Starts at: Feldkirch’s main train station (‘Hauptbahnhof’) in Vorarlberg, at 12 noon
Tour Ends at: Feldkirch’s main train station, at 2pm
Tour ‘Home’: The alpine village of Faschina, which sits at 1500m in the ‘Grosses Wasertal’ valley in Vorarlberg, western Austria. www.grosseswalsertal.at
Bordering countries (all approx. one hour’s drive away) are Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Germany.
Tour Group Size: Numbers limited to small group size of 16 people. A minimum number of participants are required for tour to go ahead.
Tour Inclusions: * 9 nights accommodation in a traditional 4 star alpine hotel – inc. modern spa & wellness area, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, gymnasium and outdoor terrace
* 9 dinners (4 courses from a 3 option menu) + 9 full buffet breakfasts
* 9 guided walks – led by Patrick Burtscher (Tour Host, Grosses Walsertal local, international Nordic Walking Master Trainer)
* Chauffeured transport for the entire tour
* Programmed additional activities – German language lesson, mountain herbal tea project, guided local museum tour, and working dairy visit
* Full attention and care by your hosts Patrick and his wife Maree
* Pre-tour 6 week fitness training plan
* Tour t-shirt and Welcome Pack (upon arrival)
* Souvenir photo (upon return home)
Accommodation: ‘Hotel Faschina’ – the pinnacle of accommodation in Grosses Walsertal and the ‘home’ of our tour. Single or double rooms - all with private shower - are available.
O/S Travel & Insurance: Own responsibility and expense. Recommended route is via plane to Zurich, Munich or Innsbruck and then via train to Feldkirch, in Vorarlberg.
Arrival Advice: It is highly recommended to organise your arrival in Feldkirch at least one to two days prior to the tour start date. This allows for unforeseen travel delays as well as acclimatisation or the getting over of any jet lag. Feldkirch is a beautiful medieval small city that is a destination in itself. Accommodation recommendations are provided upon booking.
Health & Fitness: To maximise your safety and enjoyment of the trip, good health and a reasonable degree of walking fitness is required. Daily walks are normally between 2 to 4 hours in duration. If required, shorter walking options are available. Walks include moderate climbs and descents up to altitudes of over 2000 metres. Walks may also include steep climbs on rocky paths at times. (Please contact us before booking if you experience a fear of heights).
The use of Nordic Walking poles or trekking poles are recommended but not obligatory.
Equipment & Clothing: Nordic Walking (or trekking poles if preferred) can be hired in Austria - saves transporting your own. Recommendations on clothing, shoes and accessories are given upon booking.
Climate: Early Summer in the Alps means mostly sunshine and temperatures around the low 20’s. It is possible though to have temperatures in the mid 30’s or at the other extreme – low teens with snow falling on the peaks.
Spending Money: Required for lunches, drinks and optional activities. Budget approx. 30 Euro (ca $45 AUD) per day
To book your place for this authentic alpine experience, submit the Austrian Alps Tour 2017 Booking Form and pay your $500 deposit. Bookings received by 30 November 2016 are eligible for the $300 Early Bird discount. Full payment is required by 28 February 2017. To submit your Booking Form, either scan then email it to Patrick via: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to: Nordic Academy, PO Box 3171, The Pines 3109, Victoria, Australia.
NB. Places are limited to only 16 guests, so don't miss out. Book today!
Cancellations up to 28 February 2017 lose their deposit. Cancellations thereafter incur the following fees: between 1 March -31 March: 50% of tour cost, from 1 April: 100% of tour cost. * Please ensure your travel insurance covers you for unforeseen cancellations! *
Contact Patrick Burtscher on 1300 791 740 or email: email@example.com