The Nordic Academy Refresher Course is only available for currently qualified Instructors for the purpose of refreshing and refining the correct Nordic walking techniques for long term retention.
Instructors who attend this Refresher Course will have their qualification indefinitely recognised by Nordic Academy.
Pre-requisites for Participation in the Refresher Course
A current Nordic Walking Instructor qualification valid for at least 12 months, but no more than 24 months.
* Videotape and view existing technique, identify technique faults/ areas for improvement
* Peer teaching exercise
* Case scenarios of problem learners and technique faults
* Review of technique variations – uphill, downhill, double poling, jogging, striding, skating etc
* Open question and discussion time
Refresher courses will take place in conjunction with the first day of the Nordic Walking Instructor Course.
Investment for this indefinite qualification is $125 (inc GST).
Payment can be made via direct credit bank transfer, cheque or a Money Order.
Assessment and Successful Completion
NW Instructors completing the Refresher Course will have their qualification indefinitely recognised and endorsed by Nordic Academy.
To register for the Refresher Course please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your full payment at least 21 days prior to the commencement of the course.
For enquiries contact the National Training Manager via email@example.com or phone 0433 775 227.
- About Nordic Walking
- About Nordic Walking
- History & Development
- Benefits of Nordic Walking
- Nordic Walking Techniques
- Equipment: Poles & Accessories
- Nordic Walking Poles or Trekking Poles
- Nordic Walking Poles - All Terrain
- ONE WAY Nordic Walking Wrist Strap and Click Point System
- Nordic Walking Pole Sizing & Fitting
- Care Guidelines for Nordic Walking Poles
- Nordic Walking Accessories
- LEKI Micro Trail Pro - Fixed Length Foldable Poles
- Nordic Walking Shop
- Research & Other Articles
- Nordic Walking for Heart Failure patients
- Effects of Nordic Walking
- Nordic Walking for geriatric rehabilitation
- Nordic Walking to fight Parkinson's Disease
- Nordic Walking Research on Obesity Management
- Health Benefits of Nordic Walking
- Effects of short-term Nordic walking training
- Effects of Nordic Walking and Pilates exercise programs
- Exploring Muscle Activation during Nordic Walking: A Comparison
- More Research
- Nordic Walking fighting battle against lifestyle related diseases
- Learn to NW
- Nordic Walking Proficiency Course
- Find an Instructor in Australia
- Nordic Walking Instructors in New Zealand
- Nordic Walking Instructors Overseas
- Nordic Walking in Community Health and in Councils
- Instructor Training
- Pro Membership
- Events & O/S Tours
- Online Shop
- About Nordic Academy