The Nordic Academy Trainer Course aims to advance the knowledge, skills and coaching abilities of an Instructor to the next level of competence.
A Trainer has perfected the various NW techniques, has experience in teaching and can apply Nordic Walking and its variations confidently to satisfy specific fitness or rehabilitation needs of participants.
Trainers are qualified and encouraged to conduct Proficiency Courses under the name of Nordic Academy if they wish to do so.
Prerequisites for Participation in the Trainer Course
The course involves practical exercises, discussion themes, scientific research and assignment work.
- Must have a current Nordic Walking Instructor qualification
- Must have attended a NWIC Refresher Course
- Must have been actively instructing for at least 24 months
4 hours contact, approx 2 hours non-contact.
Assessment and Successful Completion as a NW Trainer
There are no formal assessments however NW Trainers must satisfactorily partake in all activities and discussions. A Trainer must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of NW issues and perform a high standard of technical skills. A Trainer also has to submit their home assignment on time and to a satisfactory standard.
Successful completion of these items are at the discretion of the Master Trainer.
For further enquiries conact the National Training Manager via email@example.com or phone 0433 775 227.
- About Nordic Walking
- About Nordic Walking
- History & Development
- Benefits of Nordic Walking
- Nordic Walking Techniques
- Equipment: Poles & Accessories
- Nordic Walking Poles or Trekking Poles
- Nordic Walking Poles - All Terrain
- ONE WAY Nordic Walking Wrist Strap and Click Point System
- Nordic Walking Pole Sizing & Fitting
- Care Guidelines for Nordic Walking Poles
- Nordic Walking Accessories
- LEKI Micro Trail Pro - Fixed Length Foldable Poles
- Nordic Walking Shop
- Research & Other Articles
- Nordic Walking for Heart Failure patients
- Effects of Nordic Walking
- Nordic Walking for geriatric rehabilitation
- Nordic Walking to fight Parkinson's Disease
- Nordic Walking Research on Obesity Management
- Health Benefits of Nordic Walking
- Effects of short-term Nordic walking training
- Effects of Nordic Walking and Pilates exercise programs
- Exploring Muscle Activation during Nordic Walking: A Comparison
- More Research
- Nordic Walking fighting battle against lifestyle related diseases
- Learn to NW
- Nordic Walking Proficiency Course
- Find an Instructor in Australia
- Nordic Walking Instructors in New Zealand
- Nordic Walking Instructors Overseas
- Nordic Walking in Community Health and in Councils
- Instructor Training
- Pro Membership
- Events & O/S Tours
- Online Shop
- About Nordic Academy